Welcome to my random muses of being an aspiring banjo player, a Battalion Commander, a student of Army War College, and my admiring observations of Soldiers. It's all to the tune of yet another deployment to this country called Iraq.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sending Mother's Day Greetings from Iraq - Again...

"God could not be everywhere, and therefore He made mothers" - Rudyard
Kipling

And so, for the fourth time in the past eight years I send my love and thanks from Iraq to my Mother back home. Yet here in this spartan existence is where the true beauty of mothers everywhere shines through. I have served with the best people I've ever known. Every one of them had a mother who poured her own measure of love and values into her child. That child then went on to become a Soldier who serves our Nation, who lives the Army Values, and who abides by the Warrior Ethos. The foundation of my Soldiers' characters started at home. Each of my Soldiers found the time and place today to send love back to their moms back home. I send mine as well. But I also send my gratitude back to the many mothers of the Soldiers I have the privilege and honor to lead. Thank you Moms for raising children of such character. Every one of you should be very proud of your children who now proudly wear the uniform of an Army Soldier. They are the best of the best because of you. Thank you all. God bless each of you and grant you the most wonderful Mother's Day you can possibly have. To my Mother - thank you Mom for being the embodiment of the Godly woman, the angel who was there to wipe my tears and encourage me to always be the best. Happy Mother's Day from Iraq - again. The generations change but your love remains steadfast and true whether it for Dad in Vietnam or me when I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment